A Rapid Need Assessment (RNA) was conducted by RDF to assess the adversities of Lasbella which is one of the most affected districts of Balochistan in the recent spell of monsoon. Some of the findings of RNA are mentioned below.
- The RNA findings shows that more than 311 villages have been submerged so far, during the recent spell of monsoon; from July 14, 2022 until July 24, 2022.
- Approximately 78000 people displaced and 80% of the households affected with houses completely or partially damaged, and loss of all food supplies at homes. Large parts of the area covered by water and people seeking refuge on rooftops.
- According to the District administration, till august 15, 2022, the 26 people lost their lives and many got injured. 2085 Goats, 5 Sheep, 161 Ox/Cows, 8 Camels and 36 other livestock have been perished. Crops on 12548 acres, 69 Shops, 8 Hotels, 3950 households fully damaged and 7208 partially damaged in different villages.
- Moreover, 15 bores and 6 wells damaged, solar plates of 52 units were misplaced, 14 Tube Wells damaged.
- 83 Kms road damaged, which limited the mobility of rescue teams to reach these areas. Further, access to nearby markets is also restricted due to damaged link roads, resulting in a dire need for food and other basic supplies for the affected population.
- It has affected the whole fabric of life, involving remarkable human-losses, tremendous damages to house hold’s shelters, destruction to infrastructure, Headercollapse of dams, damages to agriculture, horticulture, livestock, incomes sources, drinking water sources and the HHs’ commodities.
RDF’s Response in flood emergency included;
- A Rapid Need Assessment (RNA) was conducted in 04 district of Balochistan and 10 districts including Sanghar, Mirpurkhas, Tando Allahyar, Tando Mohammad Khan, Badin, Sujawal, Thatha, Hyderabad, Dadu and Khairpur of Sindh province.
- 13083 animals were vaccinated and dewormed in flood affected areas of district Tando Muhammad Khan, Tando Allahyar, Matiari, Tharparkar and Mirpurkhas with the support of PPAF & ITC.
- Relief operation has been launched in district Dadu in Sindh to provide water, sanitation and hygiene assistance to flood affected people. Water treatment plant has been installed at village Gul Muhammad Babar in Dadu which provides clean drinking water to 1400 affected families.
- One day free medical camp has been organized on August 25, 2022 at village Hado Kolhi and Sarang Hakrro in district Tando Allahyar with the support of PPHI Tando Allahyar, where all medicines, medic and paramedic staff with ambulance deployed over there. 233 patients including below 5 years OPD 33, ARI Cases 55, Suspected Malaria 05, Diarrhea <5 years: 07, Diarrhea/Dysentery >5 years 11, Dermatitis 80, Skin Infection 15, Eye/Ear Infection 5, Others 22.
- Cooked food distributed on August 25, 2022, among 200 families of flood affected villages Khuda Bux Mari, Sher Muhmmad khaskeli, Photo khaskeli, Ali Muhmmad kaloi of Taluka Jaam Nawaz Ali, District Sanghar and 200 families at IDPs camp Tando Mohammad Khan, 350 families in Dadu.
- Food packages including, wheat flour, cooking oil, rice, Pulse, Sugar, Suji, tea, rusk and biscuits, have been distributed among 100 families of flood affected areas including village Maqbool Memon, UC Dheengano Bozdar of Taluka Tando Allahyar, district Tando Allahyar.